Author Topic: Golden raspberries  (Read 126 times)

Offline Mukluk

Golden raspberries
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »
Does anyone know where I could find golden (yellow fruited) raspberries in Australia?  Are they any good or are they more of an ornamental which lacks taste?

Diggers claims to sell golden raspberries, but everyone I know who has bought and grown them has ended up with red raspberries.  I also found a blog (http://www.beksbackyard.com/2015/11/raspberry-failure.html#comment-form) which shared a similar poor experience of buying from Diggers and having red berries.

Offline Templeton

• Administrator
  • Bendigo, Victoria
    • T's Mendelania
Re: Golden raspberries
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
I have seen them growing in someone's garden, just can't recall where...
T

Offline Raymondo

• Northern Tablelands, N.S.W.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »
I'm another who bought from Diggers, waited two years for fruit, and the damn things were red! They replaced it without question but I gave it away. I don't know what colour the replacement was. I have seen the yellow raspberry in the Yalca catalogue though not recently. Might be worth asking them though.
Ray, gardening on an old flood plain with clay loam from 30 to 60 cm deep over clay.

Offline Whwoz

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »
Sunny Creek Organic berry farm may have plants for sale, they have done so in the past I believe.  They definitely have yellow, purple and black raspberries along with the reds.

Been to long since I have tasted any of them to offer a valid opinion of the taste of them.

Woz
Woz

Trafalgar Vic